Costa Rica Retreat
Tropical Rejuvenation Retreat
Jaco, Costa Rica
9-16 November 2019
Costa Rica is known as one of the world’s happiest countries. The way of life —known as “pura vida”— is relaxed and simple, with little fuss and lots of joy. Join us for an opportunity to unplug, de-stress and recharge in a healthy, natural environment.
We will spend a week on the idyllic Pacific Coast immersed in this easy Costa Rican way of being, using a combination of mindfulness, yoga and creativity to cultivate our own “pura vida.” With time to focus on ourselves we can acknowledge our accomplishments, explore the vision for our life going forward and recommitment to ourselves along that path.
During the retreat there will be plenty of free time for relaxation, plus twice daily yoga and mindfulness classes led by master yoga teacher, Paisley Close, e-RYT 500, and expert mindfulness teacher, Robert “Bob” McClure, LCSW. Our small group setting and highly skilled instructors means classes will serve all levels, whether just learning or deepening an existing practice of meditation, mindfulness or yoga.
There will be opportunities to boost creativity through beginner-friendly art projects, informational talks, meditation and breath practices, cultural performances by local Costa Ricans, hiking in the rainforest and group discussions over healthy, locally-sourced meals in a relaxing setting, free of distractions.
You will come away with:
- A refreshed commitment to your happiness and fulfillment
- New skills to keep you balanced and focused back home
- Passion to maintain your creativity and vitality
- A renewed focus on your wellbeing
- Incredible memories of jungle, beach and the “pura vida” way of life
Our hotel, Doce Lunas, is an eco-conscious retreat center in the town of Jaco, about an hour and a half from the San Jose, Costa Rica airport. It provides the perfect blend of modern luxury and natural essence, nestled in the jungle, about one mile from the beach and away from the noise of town. Doce Lunas also grows much of their own food to serve in their restaurant, Eclipse.
Sample Schedule / Typical Day
- Morning practice (~2.5 hours)
- Various activities and/or lounging (walking, journaling, relaxation, beach)
- Gourmet lunch
- Afternoon class/workshop/group activity (~ 1.5 hours)
- Evening gathering or relaxation time
- 7 days and 7 nights at Doce Lunas Resort
- Two instructors who offer classes and paid private sessions
- 3 mostly organic meals every day
- Twice daily yoga and meditation classes
- Group excursion to Carara National Park
- Evening class and performance from local Costa Ricans
- Shuttle to and from San Jose, Costa Rica airport
- Endless amounts of hiking and swimming
- Bird Watching: More than 300 migratory and resident species
- Stunning gardens, views and a vivid immersion in nature
- Location close to the Pacific Ocean
What’s NOT Included?
- Airfare to and from departing country
- Airport fees in Costa Rica or your departing country
- Optional excursions: zip-lining, horseback riding, surfing lessons, etc.
- Optional spa treatments: massages, facials, nutrition consultations, etc.
- Retreat staff gratuity
- Travel insurance, if desired
- Day trip to Manuel Antonio Beach
$1595* before July 1, 2019
$1750* after July 1, 2019
Fully refundable (less $200 booking fee) up to July 1, 2019
No refund after July 1, 2019 but fully transferable to another person
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) BEFORE booking
For more information about lodging or for any questions about the venue or location, please contact email@example.com.
For any questions about yoga please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Instructors
Robert “Bob” McClure, LCSW
Bob McClure is a certified mindfulness facilitator and instructor at UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center. He is also a Certified Compassion Cultivation Training (CCT) teacher for Stanford University Center for Compassion, Altruism, Research and Education (CCARE). He teaches mindfulness and compassion skills to healthcare professionals at Sharp HealthCare in San Diego. Bob teaches a system of mindfulness training that develops the skills of attention, clarity and balance not just in meditation but to enhance every moment of daily life.
Paisley Close, ERYT 500 & YACEP
Paisley Close is a yoga teacher with over 10,000 hours of experience in the mind-body field. She teaches with a masterful blend of alignment for body, mind and heart, with practical skills for staying centered off the mat. Her classes provide tools to cope with stress and diminish physical pain. She always leaves enough room for self-reflection, quiet and breath in her teaching. Paisley is an outdoor enthusiast, long time rock climber, backpacker and nature lover.
Jean Frazier, RN (and our creative director)
Jean loves creating and finds a deep sense of peace and joy by tapping into her creativity. Acrylic paint pouring, greeting cards and crystal wands are just a few of the things she enjoys making. Jean will invite you on a journey to discover your unique inspirations using what is around you in a beginner-friendly art project to create a touchstone that will be a reminder for you of what you learned and experienced during this retreat.