Costa Rica Retreat
Tropical Rejuvenation Retreat
Jaco, Costa Rica
November 2019 (exact dates TBA)
We are all aspirers. And while we enjoy success and recognition, we sometimes don’t take time to really acknowledge ourselves and celebrate our accomplishments. That’s exactly what we are offering during a week of rejuvenation on Costa Rica’s idyllic Pacific Coast. We’ll be using a combination of mindfulness, yoga and creativity to cultivate what we call the 3 R’s: receptivity to be open to the life we really want, revitalization to continue working towards it, and a recommitment to ourselves along that path.
During the rejuvenation retreat there will be plenty of free time for relaxation, plus twice daily yoga and mindfulness classes led by highly experienced yoga teacher, Paisley Close, e-RYT 500, and expert mindfulness teacher, Robert “Bob” McClure, LCSW.
Our small group setting, coupled with our highly skilled instructors, means classes are both beginner-friendly as well as providing new depth for those who already practice. Themes will include intuition, mindfulness, restfulness, clarity and creativity with take-home tools and practices to help integrate the three R’s into your daily life.
There will be opportunities to boost creativity through beginner-friendly art projects, informational talks, meditation and breath practices, music or dance performances by local Costa Ricans, hiking in the rainforest, and group discussions over healthy, locally-sourced meals in a relaxing setting, free of distractions.
You will come away with:
- A reminder that you are an amazing and accomplished aspirer
- A fresh design for your personal agenda of happiness and fulfillment
- New skills to keep you balanced and focused throughout the year
- Passion to maintain your creativity and vitality
- Incredible memories that will be valuable touchstones throughout your life
- The opportunity to nurture deep friendships with yourself and fellow aspirers
Our hotel, Doce Lunas, is an eco-conscious retreat center in the town of Jaco, about an hour and a half from the San Jose airport. It provides the perfect blend of modern luxury and natural essence, nestled in the jungle about one mile from the beach and away from the noise of town. They also grow much of their own food, and serve it in their restaurant, Eclipse.
Sample Schedule / Typical Day
- Morning practice (~2.5 hours)
- Various activities and/or lounging (walking, journaling, relaxation, beach, creative time)
- Gourmet lunch
- Afternoon class/workshop/group activity (~ 1.5 hours)
- Evening gathering or relaxation time
- 7 days and 7 nights at DoceLunas Resort
- Two instructors who offer classes and paid private sessions
- 3 mostly organic meals every day
- Twice daily yoga and meditation classes
- Group excursion to Carara National Park
- Evening class and performance from local Costa Ricans
- Shuttle to and from Juan Santamaria International Airport
- Endless amounts of hiking and swimming
- Bird Watching: More than 300 migratory and resident species
- Stunning gardens, views and a vivid immersion in nature
- Location close to the Pacific Ocean
What’s NOT Included?
- Airfare to and from departing country
- Airport fees in Costa Rica or your departing country
- Optional excursions: zip-lining, horseback riding, surfing lessons, etc.
- Optional spa treatments: massages, facials, nutrition consultations, etc.
- Retreat staff gratuity
- Travel insurance, if desired
- Day trip to Manuel Antonio Beach
This retreat is exactly what you’d like if you:
- are interested in learning or deepening your practice of meditation, mindfulness and yoga
- want to unplug, de-stress and recharge in a healthy natural environment
- are looking for ways to rejuvenate, recommit to your wellbeing, and connect deeply with yourself and others
- love a healthy lifestyle and want to improve or recommit to your wellness
- would love a week-long retreat with visits to both the jungle and to beautiful beaches
$1595* before July 1, 2019
$1750* after July 1, 2019
Fully refundable (less $200 booking fee) up to July 1, 2019
No refund after July 1, 2019 but fully transferable to another person
For more information about lodging or for any questions about the venue or location, please contact email@example.com.
For any questions about yoga please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Instructors
Robert “Bob” McClure, LCSW
Bob McClure is a certified mindfulness facilitator and instructor at UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center. He is also a Certified Compassion Cultivation Training (CCT) teacher for Stanford University Center for Compassion, Altruism, Research and Education (CCARE). He teaches mindfulness and compassion skills to healthcare professionals at Sharp HealthCare in San Diego. Bob teaches a system of mindfulness training that develops the skills of attention, clarity and balance not just in meditation but to enhance every moment of daily life.
Paisley Close, ERYT 500 & YACEP
Paisley is a yoga teacher with over 10,000 hours of experience in the mind-body field. She teaches with a masterful blend of alignment for body, mind and heart, with practical skills for staying centered off the mat. Her classes always leave enough space for self-reflection and breath, combining both slow flow and held postures for a deeper sense of inner peace. Paisley is an outdoor enthusiast, long time rock climber, hiker and nature lover.
Jean Frazier, RN (and our creative director)
Jean loves creating and finds a deep sense of peace and joy by tapping into her creativity. Acrylic paint pouring, greeting cards and crystal wands are just a few of the things she enjoys making. Jean will invite you on a journey to discover your unique inspirations using what is around you in a beginner-friendly art project to create a touchstone that will be a reminder for you of what you learned and experienced during this retreat.